About the LRIS Portal
The Land Resource Information Systems Portal and scinfo.org.nz
The LRIS portal is the first element of scinfo.org.nz, a new repository of authoritative New Zealand science datasets and information. It is has been created in response to a growing expectation that government and publicly funded science data should be readily available in authoritative human and machine readable forms.
scinfo.org.nz Content Priorities:
- Phase 1: Initial release: MSI Nationally Significant Databases held by Landcare Research
- Phase 2: data widely used by Landcare staff
- Phase 3: data used in collaborations with other researchers
- Phase 4: data referred to in publications and reports
If you are looking for data you expected to find here and didn’t, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
scinfo.org.nz Capability Roadmap:
- Phase 1: Initial release: Data search, selection and download - Completed (LRIS Portal).
- Phase 2: Metadata harvesting by cataloguing services such as data.govt.nz - Completed.
- Phase 3: Support for data published as web services, data browsing, query and visualization - Commenced.
- Phase 4: Within the LRIS portal, data upload, support for groups and sharing with group members, NZFed single sign-on - Commenced.
- Phase 5: Portals for scientific data visualization, query and printed output - Commenced.
If you are interested in discussing hosting your data on scifo.org.nz, please contact us at email@example.com.
scinfo.org.nz Who's Who:
scinfo.org.nz is hosted by the Informatics Team at Landcare Research. We are a team of 30 data researchers, software developers and system engineers with deep experience in managing specialist science data resources and using them for our research and to support natural resource policy and management. We have particular specialist knowledge of geospatial datasets, satellite image analysis, taxonomic data, laboratory data and web-services.
We have worked closely with Koordinates to create the first release of scinfo.org.nz which has allowed us to bring this initial service to market rapidly.